29 July 2011

God Spared No Expense

This evening I enjoyed a nice conversation with my Aunt Julie. She recently took a trip to Nashiville where she was able to see a famous country singer in concert. I jokingly remarked that God had spared no expense with this person.


Then I got to thinking, God spared no expense with any of us. So when we think there's been a mistake in how someone was made, we're wrong. These abnormalities, that Asher has, the fact that his eyes don't work quite right and his ears don't hear as well as they should, this was all part of who God made him. People are offered genetic testing to determine whether their child could have Downs Syndrome before the child is ever born. There are some people who don't recognize God's hand in that child's creation and would choose to not keep him or her. And that just breaks my heart. Both for the child, and for the parent. Surely God knows how to bless us. I understand that having a child with disabilities would be a difficult road, but if that is how God chooses to shower us with blessings, I pray that we recognize that.


Thank you Jesus for knowing us so well, that you know how to best communicate your love to us. Thank you that you take our emotions and concerns into account, but also for knowing how to challenge us to walk deeper with you. Truly, you are loving.

"For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well."


(PS-Maybe I am enjoying having a blog, lol)

2 comments:

  1. So true, Tammera! I'm so proud of the woman you've become. I see such maturity in you and I know that God has had His hand on you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete